Thursday, May 15, 2014

Rest Days

I'm sure that I've whined about this on the blog before but rest days can be torture for me. Yesterday it was a good thing my arms were tired and it was rainy - that did help me stay inside. After a short Wednesday at work (it's usually my long day) I went home, walked the dogs, did laundry, picked up dinner and met Brian at church and then headed home planning to finish planting and mow our yard. I was about a mile from home when the skies opened and poured down rain for 5 minutes, followed by 20 minutes of drizzle. That made it easy to stay inside, change the cat box, clean out the freezer, run Bob the Robot vacuum in the living room and read a few magazines. I understand the merit of rest days and not pushing so hard all the time, but I still find it challenging.

No comments:

Post a Comment