Saturday, March 28, 2009

A Return to Normalcy





It is quite surreal to be off for a week in the spring. We usually reserve these long trips for Ely. The vacation was nice, at times more stressful than anticipated but here are some lovely pictures of the beach. I now and forever maintain - spend the extra money for the beachfront room, it is exquisite!!!

My thought for this weekend is - In this life there are givers and there are takers, and the givers always sleep better! God and I have these funny things lately where he finds learning moments and phrases that I need and smacks me in the face exactly when I need them. This last one is from an entertainment reporter at the end of a piece about Jennifer Aniston... not someone I have ever been a great fan of, but a powerful thought just the same. Brian and I both sleep well =) Brian with his CPAP or as our Scoutmaster would say "that loud ass breathing machine". I am sure that in the next 5 months there will be nights where I lie awake from excitement, or nervousness about the big decisions and steps ahead, but I know, in my heart, that we are supposed to be together in this time and place and for the rest of our lives! (And that is as sappy as you will ever get from me!)

No comments:

Post a Comment