Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Too Much Fun

We had a FANTASTIC weekend. Friday the drive to Kansas City went smoothly and we spent a few hours before the concert drinking cheap beer in the beer garden of a BBQ restaurant that was attached to the concert venue. We talked about the wedding, the house and the opportunity that lies ahead. The Offspring took the stage at 10:20 and they were AMAZING. We saw them in KC 5 years ago in a tiny venue but they were really meant to be seen outside!

Saturday morning we got up and roamed around visiting bike shops (Thank you Paul!!!) and eating at The Waffle House. Say what you will but if we had one in Lincoln I would have to spend 15 hours a week on my bike!

Then we went to lunch with my Great Aunt Mary and Great Uncle Wayne. It was a wonderful visit and they gave us some lily of the valley to plant at our new house. I had picked a spot almost underneath the deck for them but it has an ant problem so instead they are on the back side of the house right below our bedroom window. I can't wait until next spring when we can sit on the deck and enjoy their lovely fragrance.

Sunday my mom played her harp at church so Brian and I were a part of the harp relocation team and then we went out with Brian's middle brother Jeff to celebrate his last 20 something birthday. (If you hadn't realized it by now, we spent the weekend eating!!!)

Yesterday morning Brian and I left home at 0600 for cemetery duty. We went first to Lincoln Memorial to visit his grandparents and one set of great grandparents on his dad's side. From there we headed out of town to visit Mount Pleasant Cemetery (Nehawaka, Nebraska) to visit another great grandpa on his dad's side and Ottenbein (Murray, Nebraska) to visit his great great grandparents on his dad's side. His great great grandpa John Anderson Davis was a civil war veteran and WALKED to Nebraska after the war. We have really enjoyed learning about Brian's family. Our last stop was at Wyuka to visit more great grandparents and a baby that would have been Brian's great uncle.

We actually were able to get a few things done for the wedding yesterday. After all our running I tricked Brian into a trip to one of the craft stores and used a coupon to get quite a few of the centerpieces for the reception.

In the afternoon (I know you thought the weekend was over didn't you?) we went out to our friend Dave's house and enjoyed a late lunch with Vicki (bridesmaid), Dave and Jeremy. Erik and Jeremy wore each other out with the trampoline and Nerf guns and I think we were all sound asleep shortly after 10 last night. Tonight Brian and I need to get caught up on homework and with any luck tomorrow we'll be able to squeeze in some more time to work on the house. I hope everyone had as much fun as we did. It's been a long time since I've enjoyed a holiday weekend so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment