Friday, November 14, 2014

I Have Been a Slacker

But I own it!

Last weekend we enjoyed two cold football games, time with family and some hotel laziness in Des Moines.  Tomorrow is the last Simpson varsity game of the season and it sounds like the weather is going to be rough with snow and plenty of wind.  We are definitely feeling the polar vortex.  There is a chance we'll see above freezing temperatures during the day starting on Wednesday!!!!

Over the weekend I delivered cake mix cookies as part of the freezer/pantry challenge.  Monday I brought a lunch from the freezer and we had sandwiches, chips, mandarin oranges and cookies for dinner.  Since the chips were from the pantry I think it counts!  Tuesday I brought a lunch from the freezer and an oatmeal cup for breakfast from the pantry.  Brian picked up dinner since we had a LONG day.  Wednesday night we had friends over for dinner.  I made broccoli soup, chili and corn muffins so the freezer coughed up a pound of ground beef and I used 8 cans, a quart of stock and 2 boxes of corn muffin mix from the pantry.  Thursday I was a total failure.  I had a meeting that included breakfast and lunch and we had deacons so we didn't eat at home all day.  Since I used so many things on Wednesday I feel like it balances out!  We are starting to get ready for Thanksgiving so I have the cleaning list done - thank goodness I still have 2 weeks to get it all done.

While I am surviving the freezer/pantry challenge my workouts have been hit or miss - I have many excuses related to cold temperatures.  I need to get back on the wagon - so expect to see some accountability here on the blog while I work on documenting my life to meet my personal goals!

No comments:

Post a Comment