Tuesday, November 18, 2014

We Have Cabin Fever

Even though I love the change of the seasons, and I have nothing personal against snow we have cabin fever!!!!  We are in week two of the polar vortex and I am so ready to play outside without 3 layers of clothes on I can barely stand it.  We have a rule for dog walking that it has to be above freezing but I might push it today so that they can get out some of their restless energy.  

We slept in Des Moines over the weekend.  The Simpson Storm played a hard and snowy game and lost in the last two minutes.  It was an exceptionally hard season but they continued to fight.  

For the freezer pantry challenge update - Friday night we had pasta with pepperoni.  Saturday morning I slugged down a bowl of cereal before we hit the road and Sunday night we feasted on Wild Rice casserole using a pound of hamburger from the freezer and cream of mushroom soup from the pantry followed by Fruit Forrest pie for dessert.  Monday night my mom came for dinner so I made meatloaf (used up the last of the bread crumbs and a pound of ground beef) with mashed potatoes and butternut squash with leftover pie for dessert.  It feels good to get through things and I have spent less than $180 on groceries this month.  If I took out the money I spent on alcohol to get ready for Thanksgiving it's probably less than $140.  

I was motivated for housework Sunday but last night I was a big lump and fell asleep on the couch before 9, Brian shuttled me off to bed when he got home for church and I still hit the snooze a few times this morning.  Apparently I should be hibernating!  

No comments:

Post a Comment