Thursday, May 3, 2012

Battle Wounds

I'm not sure I have a green thumb, but after this week I definitely have red arms.  I'm covered with little red nicks and scratches and I was bitten three times by some variety of insect.  As of last night at 7:30 all the bushy ground cover in our front flower beds is gone.  This afternoon I'll be trimming out the rest of the leafy green ground cover, raking out a few more leaves and adding 200 pounds of dirt to the area and with any luck Friday afternoon will be spent planting.  Last night we got just over an inch and a half of rain so hopefully the newly planted arrivals on the deck and in the back flower garden are enjoying it.  Our goal is to finish the front by the end of the weekend - if we make it I'll get some pictures up! 

No comments:

Post a Comment