Monday, May 7, 2012

Hot and Dirty

It was 90 degrees with high humidity both Friday and Saturday in Lincoln.  Brian and I visited every possible garden center and plant sale and Saturday afternoon I planted 22 new flowering plants in the landscape areas in front of the house.  There are rumors that a rogue bleeding heart from Jim and Becky's house will come over as well.  I have never been so dirty in my life but I think the final product will be beautiful.

Sunday Erik spent the day in Kansas City with Wind Ensemble and Brian and I worked on a few more outdoor projects.  The front and back outdoor light fixtures have been replaced and we have added a few more solar lighting options.  It has really come together nicely.  Tonight we have school and band responsibilities and hopefully we can get some of the trench dug for the edging.  I'm not sure I'm ready for grad school but it will begin tonight either way! 

I'll try to get a few pictures of the landscaping up this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment