Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Oh Blog I'm So Sorry

I've decided that for the time being we'll use you this to blog about our bike rides. I have decided that I want to ride 50 miles this summer and Brian wants to ride a metric century (62.5 miles). Sunday morning we rolled out of bed, gulped down some cereal and while Brian checked bike tires I filled up water bottles. We had strong Southwest winds fighting us the whole way but we managed to do 8.5 miles in 50 minutes. The weather forecast looks rough this week with the possibility of snow on Friday. Who wants snow in April??? We are hoping for a short ride tonight, before Erik's vocal music concert, and another ride this Sunday morning. Starting next week I want to get in 3 rides every week! The article that I read today on preparing for distance rides says that you should train so that your weekly rides accumulate to your single distance mileage goal for a one day ride. This week I think I'll set my weekly goal distance for 15 miles. We'll see how far I can make it tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment