Friday, April 29, 2011

Against the Wind

Last night we repeated the Bride Ride - almost exactly 8 miles. I had a rough start and it wasn't until we were way in the middle of Williamsburg that I realized it was REALLY windy on the trails. My hill speeds were low last night but it appears we made it up on the flat sections with an average riding speed of nearly 10 mph.

Today and tomorrow we'll be participating in the neighborhood garage sale and working on homework. Sunday begins 30 rides in 30 days. I'm praying for dry afternoons and evenings, it can rain all it wants, early in the morning! For this challenge, ride distance doesn't matter as much as getting on the bike every single day. I'll track everything of course, because that's what I like, maybe by the end of May I'll have a couple hundred miles under my belt!

The biggest excitement for me was that after last night I am now over 50 miles for the ride season. I know that for a lot of people that's their daily mileage, and for even more that's their weekly distance. We'll get there =) We didn't really get any rides done in 2010 so this marks an excellent start.

No comments:

Post a Comment