Monday, April 25, 2011

A Tale of Two Rides

Friday after a lot of housework, and a vegetable laden meal Brian agreed to a quick ride. I didn't realize until we were a mile away from the house that my body was considering this a recovery ride. We did 8 miles in 45 minutes and my legs were tired the whole way. I drank plenty of water when we got off the bike and thankfully (since we had 11 for Easter dinner Saturday night) I wasn't in any pain Saturday morning.

In May we will be doing 30 rides in 30 days. As part of the challenge you are supposed to use your bike for errands in place of your car. I decided that we should give this a quick try Sunday afternoon to get the meat and cheese for dinner (we had my mom and Roger over for sandwiches). Our total distance was around 4 miles. I didn't take the time to figure out speed or time on the bike. It was fairly windy here so the ride to the store was rough, but on the way home I rode up the big hill without stopping or crying. 4 years ago we went on a ride and I refused to turn around and come home the way that we came because I was afraid to ride that hill.

Cummulative miles for this week are 22. That's pretty cool for this early in the season. This week there is a lot of rain in the forecast but we still need to get our miles in. I'm hoping it will be dry at least three days for us to get out. My goal for this week is to hit 25 or more cummulative miles.

No comments:

Post a Comment