Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Bad Excuses for Missing a Workout

I have been a slacker the last week, part of it was vacation but I really just need to get back on the horse! While we were in Ely I got in two amazing runs and a couple long walks - but my Fit Bit Report came this morning and I was down 40,000 steps last week and I gained a whopping 8 pounds while we were in the north woods. I have decided not to tackle the Triathlon on August 3. I am undertrained and scared, so I will commit the next several months to training and do a fun event next spring. Yesterday I worked just over 11 hours, made dinner, did laundry, went to the grocery store and got Erik a splint for his Tennis Elbow. After all that I didn't want to lift weights or swim and with a heat index of 105 it was FAR too hot to walk the dogs so I crawled into bed. It is time to suck it up and remember that too hot and too cold can be remedied in the same way - and we have a HUGE basement I can exercise in. Today is a new day and tonight I'll get in some exercise - I always feel better after I sweat and pant a bit!

No comments:

Post a Comment