Monday, May 23, 2011

It's Only Water

Friday afternoon was officially the first time I've ridden in the rain. I left the house with an occassional drizzle, saw a few more raindrops at the turnaround for the 6 mile loop and just past Essex (the turn to go to Brian's parents) it started to really rain. By the time I got home I was pretty saturated and there was water dripping off my helmet. The only thing that really bothered me was that it made my peddles slippery.

Saturday morning Brian and I jumped out of bed for the 6 mile loop and then packed the car so that the three of us could leave for Denver. The U2 concert was fantastic, although I confess, I've never climbed so high for a concert. We were 6 rows from the top of Mile High Stadium, between the 40 yard lines. Evidently, the best seats at a venue are selected based on what they usually do (football as the case may be) and aren't re-evaluted for other types of events. The staging was awesome and Erik, Brian and I enjoyed our first major outdoor arena concert together. We met up with the Carlson's for the ride to and from the show and they had lots of fun too!

Sunday we drove home and Erik and I got to see Big Mac in Ogallala for the very first time. It is pretty impressive! When we finally pulled into the driveway we got out the bikes for a ride over to Brian's parents house to get the garage door opener for the Caliber. Tonight we have band stuff, the choral music banquet and we're responsible to set up the reception for an orchestra concert. I'm hoping to ride quickly a few minutes after 4. This is Erik's last week of school for the year so hopefully things will quiet down a bit soon!

With one more week in the 30 rides in 30 days challenge I have made it on to the bike EVERY day and I've racked up 172 miles since May 1, pretty cool, for a beginner =)

No comments:

Post a Comment