Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Then the Police Called

Yesterday was one of those days where you can't be certain that you'll even get your name right if asked. I had a busy day at work, followed by a busy night at Southeast. Late afternoon the resource officer from the high school called me at work and left a "non-urgent" message for me to call him back. Like all parents I wondered what could have possibly happened to necessitate a call from the police! I had to go to Southeast for a band fundraiser and bumped into the officer before he could get the message that I called. The high school does a random look into student car windows in the parking lot to make sure that cars are locked and valuables are put away. If a student "passes" they are entered into a drawing for a cash prize and Erik won. So he has $50 to start summer break with!

After the fundraiser I zipped home, prepped tuna salad and egg salad for the vocal music banquet, rode 4 miles, changed clothes, and spent the rest of the evening at LSE. Erik now has three letters - Academic, Band and Choir. Tonight will hopefully be a little less overbooked and with any luck, the rain will hold off long enough for me to get in 10 miles and mow the lawn! I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment