Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Before the Storm

Yesterday when I got off work it was sticky and cloudy, perfect conditions for storms in the Midwest. I raced home, changed clothes, let the dogs out and jumped on my bike. Every mile or so it would rain for 2 minutes or less. I detoured around lots of road construction and made it to church in about 45 minutes to get Erik's car home. Today or tomorrow we'll take it over to TO Haas for new tires.

The rest of the evening was spent trying to get my homework submitted before the storms became too intense since I was concerned about losing power. Cache was convinced that barking at the thunder would scare it into being quiet so we all went to bed early and this morning both dogs were happy to go out in light rain. Hopefully I'll be off a little early again today and get a quick ride in. The weatherman is predicting 15-30 mph wind so I'll have to pick my route carefully.

No comments:

Post a Comment