Monday, June 13, 2011

A College Graduate!!!!

Saturday morning I climbed out of bed and slurped down cereal and toast with peanut butter and got myself cetered for the long ride. Erik got up and ate so that he would be ready to take the ACT, and Brian made sure that the bikes were ready.

We had planned to ride a Trail Trek route but Brian ended up feeling yucky from not riding all week so he rode the first 12 miles with me and then I headed down the Antelope Valley Trail on my own. Brian changed clothes quickly and sagged for me at Devaney and at the post office and with a riding time around 3.5 hours I made it 36 miles. I had some leg cramps coming off the bike so did a lot of funny stretching in the garage before we met Jeff for lunch at Braeda. Honestly, it was the best macaroni and cheese I've ever eaten in my life. Shortly after lunch I took a quick nap and took the rest of the weekend to recover. Total distance for last week was - 80 miles - so I exceeded my distance goal of 75 miles per week!

As of last night, about 11, Brian is done with college!!!! He is still waiting for the grade for his Capstone but the general impression is that all is well =) As long as I get everything done, we'll walk across the stage together in December to get our diploma's. Pretty awesome!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment