Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Preparing for the Highway

Last night we rode 10 miles with only a few stops. If I were thinner I would have lobbied to increase it a mile and grab a cold beer at the Press Box, but I'm still fighting to get my thyroid pounds off - so no extras during the week!

This weekend we are planning to ride from our house to Cortland and back. That's about 42 miles. There are a few gas stations along the way to keep us hydrated and I'm trying to find out if there is somewhere there to eat to make it a destination ride. I haven't ridden on the highway since the summer before our wedding, it seems like a long time ago, even though it really hasn't been. I'm sure we'll do fine. We'll definitely be safer from fireworks there than we will be on the trails.

No comments:

Post a Comment