Monday, February 17, 2014

A Sweet/Sweaty Weekend

Friday after work I got time to hang out with my best friend Diane and her super sweet pumpkins - they are growing so fast! When I got home I rode the trainer for 30 minutes and then Brian grilled the MOST DELICIOUS ribeye I have ever eaten and we went grocery shopping. Saturday morning I got up and did a few hours of homework and waited for it to get above freezing for my training run. I did 3.1 miles in 45 minutes. When running outside I have to get used to a consistent pace. I started too fast and then struggled in the middle and a little at the end. I haven't run that far all at once since I was pregnant with Erik (20 years ago). After my run I hit the showers and then Brian took me out for Sushi and Crispy Tofu (he knows the way to my heart) and we took the dogs another 3 miles in the afternoon. My legs were HOT by the time we went to bed and I was a little tender Sunday morning. Sunday was more homework (it really ends in 12 more days) and a walk with the dogs through the cemetery in the afternoon. A Wayne State football player died last weekend and it really breaks my heart. He was full of life and opportunity and suddenly snatched from this world by bacterial pneumonia.

No comments:

Post a Comment