Thursday, February 20, 2014

Veggie Patch Pizza - And a Ride in the Basement

Wednesday is usually my LONG day at work so I closed up the office at 4:30 and while the dogs were outside for their potty break I threw on my walking shoes and a hoody and took them for 3 miles. We didn't run into ANY other dogs while we were out so it was a good experience for all of us. We still have tortillas leftover from graduation so we made veggie patch pizza on flour tortillas. It took care of my pizza craving and got rid of leftover veggies and cheese. I take a half sheet pan from Sysco and place three taco size flour tortillas on it, then spread on pizza sauce (or sliced fresh tomatoes) toppings and a little cheese and toss them into a 400 degree oven for 5-7 minutes. You have to watch them but I like it a little crisy. Last night we topped them with sliced mushrooms, diced red pepper and diced green onion. After we ate I slipped down for a 30 minute ride on the trainer and alternated between "My 600 Pound Life" and a re-run of "The Big Bang Theory" and spent the rest of the evening with my textbook.... which is never as fun as it sounds!

No comments:

Post a Comment