Wednesday, February 12, 2014

A Weekend Away

Brian and I enjoyed a long weekend in Minneapolis with clothing and shoe shopping, delicious restaurants and visits with Erik on the way up and the way back! I got lots of new running shoes and some clothing to try for my half marathon. Thursday morning I rode the trainer before a meeting at the West campus. Friday morning I got up early at the hotel and did an hour on the exercise bike. Then I got in my 10,000 steps. Saturday morning I did 15 minutes on the eliptical (first time I've EVER stayed on that long) and 15 minutes on the treadmill. We spent the day at the outlets and I got my 10,000 steps EASILY! Sunday morning I jumped out of bed and swam for 30 minutes. It has obviously been too long since I did that since my shoulders and triceps are still a little tender. After my swim we went to brunch at Jax - where Brian proposed 5 years ago - and then to Mall of America where we walked until we were ready to drop. After a quick stop at REI we indulged in Red Lobster and got ready to head back home. Monday night I did aerobics and laundry. This is my first official week on my 12 week marathon training program. Yesterday it was cold, cloudy and blustery so I couldn't imagine running outside and I get super paranoid about the treadmill so I decided to measure our basement and run laps downstairs. 2 miles is 120 laps in the basement. The dogs were VERY confused, my quads are still sore but I ran all but 9 laps and was able to keep my pace at 12 minute miles. Last night was my next to last class driving up to Omaha. It has been fun but I am definitely ready to be done!

No comments:

Post a Comment