Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Game... What Game? I came to see the band!

As many of you know Brian and I have been abducted by the band parents =) We like to volunteer and we're having a lot of fun. (Brian likes to tell people that I couldn't say no to volunteer work if I was on fire!) This link will take you to this year's music for the marching band competition and it is a lot of fun. Last year Erik played the vibraphone and this year he and his friend Mark are playing Marimba. You can hear what his part will sound like at several different parts in the introduction. The piece is taken from a work about the Plains and it is a lot of fun to listen to. In high school I was "too cool" for band but Brian marched all three years. Erik is going on the band trip to San Deigo as part of his Christmas break so we're really involved. Hope you like this =)

http://www.lseband.org/music/score09/audio.html

No comments:

Post a Comment