Monday, August 17, 2009

Gumming up the works

Here's our engagement picture from the paper =) http://www.journalstar.com/app/celebrate/index.php?fid=AN4a84e738b9e04

Yesterday was the last of the bridal showers, my bridesmaids (thank you ladies) threw a wonderful event at Sheree's house and we played two games. One of the very traditional toilet paper wedding dress games, and one in which Brian gave the girls preset answers, very much like the Newlywed Game. For each answer that I got wrong I had to chew a piece of gum. At the end of the game I lost =) 30% correct and I had a mouthful of gum to show for it! It was a wonderful afternoon and I really enjoyed getting to see everyone. It's hard to believe that we're down to 19 days until the wedding.

This morning Brian and I got up at 2:00 am and left Lincoln at 3 to get him to the Omaha airport. His company has an annual customer conference in Indianapolis. In years past Brian has driven the 13 hours but fortunately this year he found flights that matched up with when he needed to be there. Friday morning I'll leave work early to pick him up. While he's gone I'll be working on the house, schoolwork and wedding projects. When he gets back we'll get him moved into the house and then the wedding will be upon us.

Today and tomorrow are the last two days of band and football camps for Erik and Tuesday and Thursday night I'm helping with the booster clubs. Tuesday night is Band Boosters volunteer sign ups and parents night and Thursday night is the LSE Booster Bash. Lots of excitement!

No comments:

Post a Comment