Friday, January 17, 2014

Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead

Yesterday I headed home and jumped on the trainer for an hour. I had dinner plans with my mom at Macaroni Grill so I knew I needed a massive calorie burner to make my "budget" for the day. There wasn't much on regular TV so I searched through Netflix and made friends with the Chromecast again. I watched the first hour of Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead. I'm sure I'm the last person on the planet to see it, but it's about an Australian with an autoimmune disease who has been packing on the pounds for a number of years and decides to tackle his weight with a 60 day juice cleanse. He is supervised by a physician and drags his juicer around in the back of his car (throughout the United States) juicing as he goes. The first few days are misery, but he gradually gets used to the cleanse and is happy to have made the transition, even enlisting others to give it a try - which is adorable. I stopped when he went to Sioux Falls to help a man with the same disease but am looking forward to finishing. It was a good documentary. I'm not sure how I would feel about going 60 days without chewing anything but I can definitely see the benefits to changing your diet in a big way. My mom and I split the 4 course meal at Macaroni Grill and followed it up with cheesecake. I used every calorie I had left but it was a really fun night and I was only a pound heavier this morning - salt weight? so I can get right back on the horse today.

No comments:

Post a Comment