Friday, April 25, 2014

I Wasn't In the Mood

Yesterday when I left work it was cloudy and windy and I wasn't in the mood for a run. I met a good friend for lunch, ran a few errands - realized my Fit Bit had died and made dinner. Even after that I was still thinking it wasn't a fun night to run and I had almost convinced myself to do it in the basement. I ultimately decided to have Brian drop me off at Shopko so that I would be forced to run home. Even getting out of the car I wasn't feeling it, but oddly, the instant my legs started to run my whole focus changed. It wasn't miserable, I ran without stopping and my iPod died the instant I crossed the street to home. I texted Brian and told him it was all gas no breaks and then stretched and went into the house. My times were excellent and I had worked up an awesome sweat. I got the dogs out of their kennels and noticed some pain in my left knee. It was pretty sore so I did ice (I had already taken ibuprofen) and then took the dogs for a walk. I iced more when I got home and it feels better for the most part. It was so odd to me that I REALLY didn't want to run until I started and by the time I got home I wasn't really ready to be done. Maybe I am becoming a runner?

No comments:

Post a Comment