Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Sore, Slow, Hot and Tired

I have had to make some adjustments to my running schedule to accommodate the 5k's I've registered for so yesterday instead of 3 miles I ran 4. The first mile was pure torture. My left hip is still feeling a little cranky, but not near as bad as it was two weeks ago. I'm a little nervous that it's sciatica, but now that I'm running I understand the fear of advice from a medical professional to rest.... so I'm stretching, popping ibuprofen and taking in plenty of fluids. I know it won't help/cure it if that is the cause, but it distracts my brain in the interim. It's only 3 more weeks until the half marathon and then I'll rest a few days and finish training for my triathlon in June. I do more stretching post run than I do pre-run so maybe I'll add a few more hip and back stretches before to see if that helps!

No comments:

Post a Comment