Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Sleep It Off

Rest has always been a hard thing for me to wrap my head around. I want to keep pushing, getting things done, scratching items off a real or imagined list. Sunday after my LONG run I spent the day on the couch drinking water, watching TV and listening to the rain. When I first started training for the half marathon I read about getting extra sleep. Including increasing your sleep time by 30 minutes a day for the last 2-4 weeks of training. Because I'm not a big "sleeper" I figured it wouldn't apply to me, but as I mentioned I have been kind of a crab and once something gets under my skin it just festers and makes me all the more cranky. Yesterday I got off much earlier than expected, went home to change clothes and headed to my moms. I did a load of dishes, mowed the yard, and did another load of dishes (in all fairness she has the tiniest dish rack) and then went home to get ready for my run. I chugged plenty of water and waited for Brian to get home so that I could run over and meet him at his parents and get a ride back. After the run he got started mowing at our house and I took the dogs for an hour walk. We had leftovers for dinner (I think I might be addicted to Hot and Sour Soup) and then lazed around the house. At 8 I was chilling in the living room watching TV and Brian woke me up at 8:30 and put me to bed. I slept almost straight through and feel much better about the world today!

No comments:

Post a Comment