Monday, March 24, 2014

Chewing the Fat

The weekend was pretty cold in Lincoln and Brian can attest to that since he slept outside with the scouts - the low Saturday night was 9. I'm pretty sure I would have frozen to the ground! Friday afternoon I did an hour on the trainer and took the dogs for a short walk in the cemetery. Saturday morning Brian left for camping and the 20 mph wind kept me indoors for my long run. I did 7 miles in the basement (where I am always slower), took an amazing shower and then had Chinese (my favorite post run treat!). Sunday was a slower day in our house. I went to church, walked the dogs, did laundry and put in 45 minutes on the trainer but I ate a LOT of fat Sunday. My breakfast started out healthy with overnight oats from the oatmeal artist http://www.theoatmealartist.com/2012/06/banana-cream-pie-overnight-oatmeal.html and then went downhill. My friend Susan shared some delicious Guinness Stew with me so I had that for lunch and then for dinner I made Brian the Barefoot Contessa's chicken pot pie. It has a stick and a half of butter..... and a pie crust. It was delicious, but I think I can feel my arteries hardening. With all that fatty goodness it is no surprise that I was up 3 pounds this morning. I am hoping that with lots of water, walking and a good aerobic workout tonight I can get things back under control - keep your fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment