Friday, March 14, 2014

So Sad!

I made it through my run last night, and my times were actually pretty good. I did 3 miles in 42 minutes with a little bit of walking and I got stopped at 4 stop lights - so that has to be at least 2-3 minutes =) At this stage of training I am totally happy with a 13 minute mile. When we got home I drank 32oz of water and had a burger with hummus on a whole wheat bun. I eat and crave some whacky stuff when I get done running! After meeting my protein needs I watched a little tv with Erik, stretched out and went to bed. This morning when I got to work I learned that my mom's neighbor passed away on Wednesday. Even though John and Lynda have since moved out to the country they are still neighbors. John was amazing when we first moved to Lincoln. He was a programmer for a large food distributor, and on the weekends he rode his Harley Davidson. He was even part of a local club. I babysat his kids, his friends' kids, and anyone else who showed up. I can't even tell you the number of weekends I spent inside their house when I was young. He had a giant heart, a strong mind and an infectious laugh and I will miss him so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment