Friday, June 13, 2014

Assessment

When we got back from vacation last summer I set a goal to lose 100 pounds in a year. I have now set a mini goal to lose 6 pounds in the next 4 weeks. That will put me at 60 pounds lost since we left for vacation (and 68 pounds lost since we got back). For a little bit not meeting my original goal made me feel pretty negative. Even though I am working out 5-7 days a week and eating a pretty good diet I have been struggling to break plateaus for awhile now. I know that my body is better, stronger, healthier, but I would like to have the scale keep moving! I have officially decided that the tri training schedule isn't working for my life - so I'm going to make my own. I have two long rides this weekend so starting Monday this is what my workout schedule will look like - it's conducive to our "family schedule", gives me time to get through all the training, provides a rest day and will help with brick training. I will still have energy to walk dogs, I will add the super important strength training that my body seems to crave, and I will hopefully see a lot more changes Monday - Lift and Swim (30 min each) Tuesday - Bike 30 Run 30 (Brick) Wednesday - Long Ride (75 min or more) Thursday - Lift and Run (speed work 2 miles) Friday - Swim (500 yards) and Ride (6 miles) (Speed work Brick) Saturday - Long run (4-6 miles) Sunday - Rest and yard work!

No comments:

Post a Comment