Thursday, June 26, 2014

To the Top of the Dam - to the Top of the World

Erik texted me early yesterday morning to let me know that the mission trip was going to stop early due to the breakout of a GI bug. The kids were disappointed but glad to be safe from passing it to one another. When I got off work I picked him up from church and we zipped home to meet my mom who came bearing pizza and blueberry dump cake! After dinner I started laundry and headed out for a 20 mile ride. This was my first time for the year tackling the Holmes Lake Dam and I made it all the way to the top without stopping, and I didn't get off my bike and guppy breath once I was on the upper trail either - success!!! The rest of the evening was pretty quiet with chores and a shower. This morning I'm still sleepy but so glad that I took that route last night and got my miles in. The best part? I'm back in the top 300 for the national bike challenge!

No comments:

Post a Comment