Monday, June 9, 2014

Resting/Racing Weekend

Our weekend didn't go exactly as planned! Friday the sod company called Brian to report that the sod at the sod farm was too wet to cut, so we were deferred. I got off work around 2 and mowed all three houses - with a little help from Brian Spatz at Jim and Becky's. After dinner Brian got down seed and starter fertilizer at his parents and my mom's while I got groceries. Saturday morning I got up early to get a ride in before we picked up plugs and sod but we were in the middle of a storm that dumped 2 inches of rain at our house. It was great for my mom and Brian's parents but it made it too muddy for us to lay sod. I napped off and on in the morning and then we took the dogs to the vet. Saturday evening we walked the dogs to get a movie and then went to bed early instead of watching it. We slept 10 hours Saturday night which is almost a record for me! Apparently I needed some rest. Sunday we left for church in two waves. We got a new associate pastor and Brian was on the nominating committee so we helped with the lunch and then the clean-up and got home a little after 2:30. Brian got our yard overseeded and fertilized while I did a trail ride to Roca Road and back. After dinner we did 2 loads of dishes, watched the Simpsons, typed the deacon minutes and hit the sack. I'm not sure why I was so tired this weekend but hopefully the extra rest will help me get ready for the next two weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment