Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Back to the Band

Yesterday was ridiculously busy at work so when I got home it was nice to do a few loads of laundry, make dinner and go for a bike ride. Erik and I saddled up about 6 and took the Bride Ride route to 27th and Hwy 2 before connecting with the Rock Island Trail to Antelope Park. It was the last performance for the Lincoln Southeast Band before they depart for Hawaii. It was fun to hear the patriotic music and see the kids who were freshmen and sophomores during our time as booster presidents. I couldn't believe how much some of them had grown up. On the ride home I raced a much more serious cyclist up the mile incline from South Street to Calvert and then got up 17 mph on the flats closer to home. It was a GREAT ride, even though I'm a little tender this morning. Once we got home Brian fixed our problematic sprinkler head and Erik and I completed day 10 on the 30 day ab workout - I confess - I am SO happy to be a third of the way done - and looking forward to our rest day on Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment