Thursday, May 22, 2014

Getting In Your Own Way

I know earlier this week I talked about not loving the schedule/structure of the Iron Girl training program. Last night I skipped both my workouts. While I didn't love my half marathon training schedule I put in every run, even when I had homework, class in Omaha, graduation parties and vacation. With my tri training, any excuse is a good enough excuse to skip. I am planning to do extra workouts tonight to get back on track but I'm not really sure what my problem is. I feel like it is easy to make the excuse that it's too much time to pack up and go to the Y, or the logistics of running or riding with wet hair is too bothersome. If I really want to do this tri I need to suck it up and get on with the training and teaching my muscles how to transition with brick training! Yesterday I got off work in a somewhat foul mood. As most people know we know someone who is preparing to get married and I am EXTREMELY uncomfortable with the situation. Yesterday I was able to locate their wedding registry which is an exercise in hypocrisy, but that is another story, for another time. When I got home there was an accident south of us with traffic backed up for 2 miles so I changed clothes and started mowing. After dinner I started laundry and then went to mow at my mom's. It was good to get all the yard work done but I'm still feeling slightly unsettled. Maybe it's time for me to clarify my commitments.

No comments:

Post a Comment