Thursday, May 8, 2014

Time to Get Out on the Trails

Last night was chore night at home, but first, I took what is probably my last ride on the trainer for the year. I put in an hour while I watched the end of "Just Go with It" and the beginning of the Real Housewives of Orange County. It is SUPER weird to watch the ugly Christmas sweater party when it's 95 degrees outside. Since it's officially spring and our threat for snow and freezing temperatures has largely passed I'll have Brian bring my bike to the garage this weekend so I can go back to riding outside. After my ride I tackled three loads of laundry, cleaned out the fridge, cleaned sinks and toilets, ran Bob the Robot vacuum (iRobot), and did dishes. I have been wondering if I have bad allergies this year or if I'm coming down with something so we went to bed early and I took a Benadryl. I have been beating myself up pretty badly over my half marathon time, but yesterday, I learned that a recruited Division II swimmer started at the same time I did, and finished a minute behind me. She is 19 years old. While that sounds tacky, it makes me feel better to know that someone who is a "real" athlete struggled on Sunday. I will begin the triathlon training schedule on Monday. I'm a little nervous - but completing the half has given me courage to train and confidence in my ability to succeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment