Thursday, May 29, 2014

Getting Smoked on the Trail

Last night I had a meeting at church at 7:30 and I was supposed to run and bike on the tri schedule. The good news is I got the biking done, the bad news is by the time we got home, walked the dogs, made Erik's reservations for Detroit and put away laundry it was 10:30 - and I had to get up at 4:30 today... so I will have to work out extra today. I rode to church and shaved 11 minutes off my total ride time from the year before. The last mile my quads were KILLING me and I was gushing sweat so we'll have to keep practicing that stretch. Even though I was fast on the ride there have been some incredibly fast women on the trail this week and when I'm hitting 15-17 mph they are passing and GONE. I wonder how much speed I'll really pick up with a new bike?

No comments:

Post a Comment