Thursday, May 1, 2014

Let Your Mind Wander

I blame the running. Seriously - it's like my new catch phrase. Last night I got home about 5, tossed dinner in the oven, leashed up the dogs and hit the road. It was cold and windy and not a very fun walk. When we got home Brian and I walked around the yard and made some landscaping decisions for this year - we have a few more plants to buy but overall things from Erik's graduation are doing well. After dinner I took on the laundry and rode the trainer for an hour. Last night I really let my mind wander and honestly I have found it is the best way to get through my workouts. I use the time running and pedaling to focus on what I need to change, improve or redesign in my life and before I know it - the run is over. I suspect this negatively affects my times, but it does change the activity for me into something that brings a lot of stress management and relief. I might have to read one of the marathon books to know if this is good or bad - but it definitely works for me - well that and the Real Housewives of Orange County.

No comments:

Post a Comment